πŸ” Lock, Key & a Little TV Inspiration!

Sometimes inspiration comes from a new stamp set, a colour combination, or a card sketch... and sometimes it comes from a show you are completely obsessed with. πŸ˜‚

I needed to make a couple of cards for a class I’m teaching, and my inspiration came from my current obsession, Lock It Twice on Instagram.

The funny part? I couldn’t actually watch the show while making the cards! 🀣 I’m so hooked that when it’s playing, I have to WATCH it. There is no crafting at the same time. Apparently multitasking has officially left the craft room. πŸ˜‚

So instead, I brought my obsession to my craft table and went with a lock and key theme! πŸ”πŸ—️

πŸŽ„ ’Tis the Season to Lock It Up!

For the first card, I wanted to see if I could take the same lock-and-key idea I needed to turn it into Christmas! πŸŽ„πŸ”


I created a large ornament as the focal point and added the little lock and keys at the top, almost like charms hanging from the ornament. The black, white and gold colour combination gives it a fun, slightly dramatic Christmas look.

πŸ” My Heart Is With You

For the second card, I created a sweet “My Heart Is With You” design using the lock and key as the focal point.

And, of course, I had to sneak in a funny little nod to one of the show’s songs. 🀭🎢 If you know, you know!

I kept this card mostly black, white and gold, letting the little gold lock and white key really stand out. The vellum adds a softer layer behind them and helps break up all those darker patterns.



Check out the show here 

Fun Stuff by Kisha Cook
Crafty links by Kisha Cook
by Kisha Cook

Comments