Heat Embossing Blog Hop


Happy New Year! & welcome 2023! 
Today I am participating in a Blog Hop with Crafty Collaboration blog hop team. Our team is made up of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world who love sharing there creations. 
 

Today is Technique Tuesday and our theme is heat embossing. I am actually new to heat embossing I had a rogue pacemaker for years and it did not like the heat embossing tool (or hand dryers or many other things lol) But I got a new pacemaker last March and this one is cool and I am so happy to heat emboss now. 


Today is also JRR Tolkien Day! 
January 3rd is Tolkien's birthday so I wanted to work something from the Lord of the rings or the Hobbit into my card. SO I deiced to go with Smaug, The dragon from the Hobbit. He is from the set pure magic and I embossed him in gold. Heat embossing makes a great base for water coloring as the embossed line wont smudge with the water. So I used our water painters blending colors together to create our Smaug. Our Birthday sentiment is also used with gold. 
I used black embossing powder for the ground and the tress to make a deeper crisp image using Grassy grove. I wanted Smaug to be the only pop of color and the rest card to be dark and Moddy so I used the rays of light in smoky slate 
hop on to see more cards and projects.
Happy Stamping 
 & 
Happy Birthday to Tolkien 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

online exclusives blog hop

Thank you with Kylie & Bruno Bertucci

Masculine