Monochromatic Insta Hop – Garden Green 🌿

 Welcome to another Monochromatic Insta Hop! This week we’re creating with Garden Green, and I decided it was the perfect colour for lots of leafy texture.

I made this card during my Wednesday Night Class, where We tried something a little different with my cardstock. We cut our shapes then sprayed it with water, crumpled it up. It definitely feels strange deliberately crumpling perfectly good cardstock 😂, but I really like the natural, slightly rumpled texture it created.

I paired the leaves with torn pieces of Nature Walk DSP, carrying that rough, organic look across the card.



Steps

  1. Start with a Garden Green cardstock card base.
  2. take a white mat layer and cut a triangle out of the side
  3. emboss crumb cake with tree rings folder 
  4. Add pieces of Nature Walk 12" x 12" DSP, tearing the edges to expose the white paper core and create lots of texture.
  5. cut you shapes out of Garden Green cardstock spray lightly with water.
  6. Crumple the damp cardstock, then open it back up and allow it to dry.
  7. Layer the leaves together on the front of the card.
  8. Tie Baker’s Twine around the stems and finish with a bow.
  9. Add your sentiment dots using a marker and any final embellishments.

This was such a fun technique to try during our Wednesday Night Class. The water-and-crumpling technique completely changes plain cardstock and gives the leaves a much more natural look. 🌿

I also love how the torn DSP, crumpled leaves and subtle background textures all work together. Sometimes giving your cardstock a good scrunch is exactly what it needs! 😂

Products Used

🐾 Elegant Leaves
🐾 Nature Walk 12" x 12" DSP
🐾 Baker’s Twine Essentials Pack
🐾 Textured Tree Ring 3D Embossing Folder
🐾 Garden Green Cardstock

🐱 Happy Crafting! 🐱

Crafting is messy so is my spelling due to disability & brain injuries so I use AI assistance for polishing my wording and formatting so I can focus more time on creating and sharing crafty inspiration with you.

Fun Stuff by Kisha Cook
Crafty links by Kisha Cook
by Kisha Cook

Comments