❄️ Technique Hop: Popping Up the Layers ❄️
Welcome to another Technique Hop! This time we are picking our own I decided to feature popping up the layers, a fun way to add dimension to a card while keeping the design flowing through each layer.
I also made this card for a swap for an upcoming in-person event. Our theme was Christmas/Winter, and I knew pretty quickly which direction I wanted to go. Instead of traditional Christmas colours, I reached for my favourite colour all year round... BLUE! π
I used Frosted Pinecones to create the soft wintery background and paired it with the adorable bird from Under My Wing. The combination of Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy and Balmy Blue gave me the snowy winter feeling I was looking for without making the card feel overly Christmasy.
✂️ Steps
- Vreat background with the Frosted Pinecones stamp the image over a Basic White cardstock panel to create the background then use the masks using balmy blue & misty moonlight.
- Cut the stamped panel into progressively smaller rectangular layers, keeping the pieces lined up so the stamped images continue across them, by placing it in your trimmer at 1/4 mark and cut inside the panel spinning each side to cut out the middle then repeat again this gives you your 3 background layers
- Mat each stamped piece with Misty Moonlight cardstock.
- Adhere the largest layer flat to the card front.
- then the smaller layers with you can use dimiotnals here if you want, carefully lining up the stamped images so the design continues from one layer to the next.
- Stamp the bird and foliage from Under My Wing and colour them with Stampin’ Blends.
- Cut out the images and adhere to a layer of vellum them over the raised panels.
- Add a sentiment tag with Baker’s Twine tucked underneath.
- Finish with Dew Drops for a little extra winter sparkle. ❄️
I really love how this technique gives a stamped background a completely different look. The layers almost create little windows through the design, and the extra dimension helps the bird stand out as the star of the card.
Products Used
πΎ Frosted Pinecones
πΎ Under My Wing
πΎ Dew Drops
πΎ Misty Moonlight Cardstock
πΎ Misty Moonlight Ink
πΎ Night of Navy Ink
πΎ Blending Brushes
πΎ Baker’s Twine
πΎ Vellum
πΎ Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends
πΎ Gray Granite Stampin’ Blends
πΎ Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends
πΎ Soft Sea Foam Stampin’ Blends
πΎ Colour Lifter
Christmas cards don't always need red and green! These soft snowy blues are much more my style, and I love that this card works beautifully for winter as well as Christmas.
Now I just have to make enough of them for the swap. Apparently the real technique is popping up the layers repeatedly without losing a Dimensionals backing somewhere in the house. ππΎ
π± Happy Crafting! π±
Comments
Post a Comment