☁️ Monochromatic Hop: Cloud Cover
Welcome to another Monochromatic Insta Hop! This week we’re creating with Cloud Cover, and this soft blue was made for a sweet little bird card.
I used the adorable Under My Wing set and paired it with Valley in Bloom DSP. I kept the colouring and layers soft so everything stayed within that dreamy Cloud Cover palette.
Steps
- I started with a white card base and added a layer of Valley in Bloom DSP for the background.
- I die cut the scalloped shapes using the Scalloped Blooms Dies to create a soft backdrop for my focal image.
- I stamped the bird, separately the the branches on the scalloped die cu from Under My Wing, then coloured them in Cloud Cover.
- I layered the bird and branches over the scalloped pieces, letting some of the foliage extend beyond the edges for a little extra dimension.
- I added the Sending You a Little Tweet sentiment near the top of the card.
- A few Shimmering Dots finished everything off with just a tiny bit of sparkle. ✨
Final Thoughts
I really love how soft this card turned out! Cloud Cover works beautifully with the floral background, and that little bird is just too cute. 🐦💙
Monochromatic doesn’t have to mean using only one exact shade. Playing with lighter and darker versions of the same colour gives you lots of depth while still keeping everything beautifully coordinated.
Products Used
🐾 Under My Wing
🐾 Valley in Bloom 12" x 12" DSP
🐾 Scalloped Blooms Dies
🐾 Shimmering Dots
🐾 Cloud Cover



Comments
Post a Comment