Monochromatic Friday – Berry Burst & Under My Wing 💗

Welcome back to another Monochromatic Friday! This week’s featured colour is the bright and beautiful Berry Burst.

For my card, I pulled out the Under My Wing Stamp Set and paired our little feathered friend with lots and LOTS of flowers. 🌸 I really wanted Berry Burst to be the star, so I used different amounts of the colour throughout the flowers and background while letting the brown bird add a little contrast.

Apparently this bird has found the fanciest branch in the whole garden! 😂🐦


Basic Steps

1. Card Base

I started with a Basic White card base to give all that gorgeous Berry Burst plenty of room to shine.

2. Floral Background

I created the bold floral background using ARTISAN SKETCHED GARDEN DSP and coloured multiplane layers of Berry Burst in some spots to create shading and highlights, keeping with this week’s monochromatic challenge. Then Fussy cut them out.

I love how the black outlines and white areas break up the bright pink and keep the pattern from becoming too busy.

3. Create the Bird Scene

For the main focal point, I stamped the bird, branch and blossoms from the Under My Wing Stamp Set onto Basic White.

I coloured the blossoms in shades of Berry Burst and added brown tones to the bird and branch.

The large scalloped shape around the scene helps separate the bird from the busy floral background while still showing off plenty of colour.

4. Add More Flowers!

Because apparently the background didn't have enough flowers already! 🌸😂

I added another cluster of coloured and die-cut flowers along the bottom of the card. These overlap the main panel and give the card some extra dimension.

5. Sentiment & Finishing Touches

I stamped the “Sending You a Little Tweet” sentiment in Berry Burst and added it near the top of the card.

A little white twine along the side and a few sparkly embellishments Then for the icing I dabbed white gel pen dots on the birds feathers and the back ground that finished everything off.

Berry Burst certainly isn't a shy colour, and that is exactly what makes it so much fun for a monochromatic challenge! 💗

I especially love how the bright blossoms frame the softer bird scene in the middle. There’s a LOT happening on this card, but sometimes more flowers really are the answer. 🌸🌸🌸

Thanks for stopping by for this week’s Monochromatic Friday. I hope this inspires you to grab one colour from your stash and see just how far you can stretch it!

🐱 Happy Crafting! 🐱

Products Used

🐾 Stamp Set: UNDER MY WING
🐾 Designer Series Paper: ARTISAN SKETCHED GARDEN 12" X 12"
🐾 Blends: Berry Burst & Deep combo pack #100
🐾 Cardstock: BERRY BURST
🐾 Ribbon: Baker's Twine Essentials Pack 
🐾 Embellishments: RHINESTONE BASIC JEWELS 
🐾 Extra: WINK OF STELLA GLITTER BRUSH & WHITE GEL PEN

Fun Stuff by Kisha Cook
Crafty links by Kisha Cook
by Kisha Cook

Comments