Crafty Collaborations Colour Challenge – August

For this month’s Crafty Collaborations Colour Challenge, we were given a fun mix of Secret Sea, Balmy Blue, Cajun Craze, Timid Tiger and Old Olive.

I decided to use Elegant Leaves because the leafy images gave me lots of room to play with all five colours. The brighter oranges really pop against the cooler blues, while Old Olive adds that earthy touch that pulls everything together.

Now comes the great crafting mystery. 😂 I can’t remember if I coloured these leaves with Stampin’ Blends or if I used the two-step stamping with ink pads. So Blends or ink pads? Who knows! Apparently I was too busy crafting to leave myself clues. Either way, I love how all the colours look together!

I also used the Rustic Check 3D Embossing Folder on the background for some extra texture without taking attention away from the stamped panel. A few Radiant Gems finished everything off with a little sparkle. ✨

Steps

  1. Create the card base and emboss a white cardstock layer with the Rustic Check 3D Embossing Folder.
  2. Stamp the Elegant Leaves images in black onto white cardstock.
  3. Add the challenge colours to the leaves using either Stampin’ Blends or two-step stamping with ink pads. The historical record is unclear. 😂
  4. Layer the stamped panel onto a dark cardstock mat.
  5. Add the extra stamped and cut leaves near the sentiment for some dimension.
  6. Add the sentiment tag and finish with Radiant Gems and some twine.


I really like how this colour combination came together. The blues and oranges give the card lots of contrast, while the leafy images help all five colours work together.

And apparently this card also taught me an important lesson: write down what I used before I forget! 😂

🐱 Happy Crafting! 🐱

Products Used:
🐾 Elegant Leaves
🐾 Rustic Check 3D Embossing Folder
🐾 Radiant Gems 🐾 Secret Sea cardstock
🐾 Ink Pads or Blends: Secret Sea, Balmy Blue, Cajun Craze, Timid Tiger, Old Olive


Fun Stuff by Kisha Cook
Crafty links by Kisha Cook
by Kisha Cook

Comments

  1. Gorgeous card Kisha, these colours look amazing together x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment