Monochromatic Insta Hop: Petal Pink

Welcome to another Monochromatic Insta Hop with Crafty Collaborations!

This week’s colour is Petal Pink, and I knew almost immediately what I wanted to use. Those adorable flamingos were calling my name! 🦩🦩🦩

Instead of making the entire card super pink, I paired the softness of Petal Pink with the more natural colours and patterns in the Brushed With Beauty 12" x 12" paper. I really like the combination. It gives the card a softer, slightly rustic look while still letting Petal Pink have its moment.

Steps

  • Emboss the card base using the Rustic Check 3D Embossing Folder.
  • Cut several pieces of Brushed With Beauty 12" x 12" and layer them on the card front.
  • Die cut the scalloped shape using the Scalloped Blooms Dies and adhere to the card.
  • Stamp the flamingos using Gray Granite instead of black to give the outlines a softer look with the Petal Pink.
  • Colour the flamingos using Petal Pink and coordinating colours.
  • Cut out the flamingos and arrange them over the scalloped layer using Dimensionals.
  • Stamp the Birthday Song sentiment and heat emboss with Basics Embossing Powder.
  • Add the sentiment to the card.
  • Wrap Baker’s Twine around the card and tie in a bow.
  • Finish with Sunset Sparkle Sequins for a little sparkle. ✨

This card ended up having so many things I love: layers, texture, patterned paper, a little sparkle and, of course, adorable animals! 🩷🦩

I especially like how the soft Petal Pink flamingos stand out against the more earthy patterns. And three flamingos squeezed together on one birthday card? That feels appropriately party-like. πŸ˜‚

Be sure to hop along and see what everyone else created with Petal Pink this week!

Products Used

🐾 Birthday Song
🐾 Scalloped Blooms Dies
🐾 Brushed With Beauty 12" x 12"
🐾 Sunset Sparkle Sequins
🐾 Baker’s Twine Essentials Pack
🐾 Basics Embossing Powder
🐾 Rustic Check 3D Embossing Folder
🐾 Petal Pink

🐱 Happy Crafting! 🐱

Fun Stuff by Kisha Cook
Crafty links by Kisha Cook
by Kisha Cook

Comments