🌻 Challenge Hop: Sketch Challenge

Welcome to another Challenge Hop! This time we’re working with a sketch challenge, which is always a fun way to get the crafty wheels turning. A sketch gives you the bones of the card, but you get to decide how to dress it up!

For my card, I kept fairly close to the sketch while adding lots of texture, layers and those big cheerful sunflowers. 🌻 I love how the different patterns work together without taking the spotlight away from the flowers.

Steps

  1. I started with a white card base and added a white layer embossed with the Rustic Check 3D Embossing Folder for lots of subtle texture.

  2. I used Sunflower Fields 12" x 12" for the large focal panel, letting those gorgeous sunflowers do most of the work.

  3. Following the sketch, I added coordinating patterned paper strips across the top and created two banner pieces underneath the sunflower panel.

  4. I stamped and cut out leaves from Elegant Leaves, layering them along the bottom corner of the sunflower panel.

  5. A little Baker’s Twine tied around the leaves added another bit of texture without making the card too busy.

  6. I finished everything off with Painted Patch Adhesive-Backed Dots and added my sentiment across the front.

Final Thoughts

Sketch challenges are one of my favourite ways to get started when I’m staring at my supplies wondering, Okay... now what? πŸ˜‚ The layout is already there, but there’s still plenty of room to change the papers, images, colours and little details to make it completely your own.

I especially love the mix of the bright sunflowers with the earthy greens and warm rusty tones on this one. πŸŒ»πŸ‚ And that embossed white background quietly sneaks in a whole extra layer of texture.

What would you do with this sketch?

Products Used

🐾 Sunflower Fields 12" x 12"
🐾 Elegant Leaves
🐾 Rustic Check 3D Embossing Folder
🐾 Baker’s Twine Essentials Pack
🐾 Painted Patch Adhesive-Backed Dots

🐱 Happy Crafting! 🐱

Crafting is messy so is my spelling due to disability & brain injuries so I use AI assistance for polishing my wording and formatting so I can focus more time on creating and sharing crafty inspiration with you.

Fun Stuff by Kisha Cook
Crafty links by Kisha Cook
by Kisha Cook

Comments

  1. Gorgeous card Kisha, such bright cheerful colours, love it x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment