💜 Blog Post: Highland Heather Monochromatic Hop



 This week I’m hopping along with the Monochromatic Insta Hop, and our featured colour is the lovely Highland Heather!

For this card, I paired the Relaxing Waterside set with the Lovely & Beautiful 12" x 12" DSP. I had a lot of fun colouring the DSP for this one. It was a great way to take the beautiful design and make it fit our Highland Heather monochromatic theme.

And really, a comfy chair, a cup of tea and flowers? I think this card has the right idea. 😂☕💜

Steps

  1. Card Base
    Create the card base 
  2. Colour the DSP
    Use Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends to colour portions of the floral DSP, bringing the monochromatic colour throughout the background.
  3. Relaxing Waterside
    Stamp the chair and accessories from Relaxing Waterside, then colour them using Highland Heather and Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends.
  4. Build the Scene
    Adhere your DSP to the bottom portion then add a strip of the highland heather flowers on the top add a strip of gold over the seems. Arrange the chair over the floral background, layering the pieces to give the card plenty of dimension.
  5. Sentiment
    Add the “Let’s Celebrate” sentiment across the chair and flowers to finish the card.

Final Thoughts

I really enjoyed colouring the DSP on this card. It’s such a fun way to change the look of patterned paper and make it work with a specific colour challenge.

Highland Heather turned this relaxing little scene into a whole purple paradise. 💜 Now I just need that chair in real life, preferably beside the water with a cup of tea and absolutely nowhere I need to be. ☕😂

Products Used

🐾 Lovely & Beautiful 12" x 12" DSP
🐾 Relaxing Waterside
🐾 Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends
🐾 Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends

🐱 Happy Crafting! 🐱

Fun Stuff by Kisha Cook
Crafty links by Kisha Cook
by Kisha Cook

Comments