π Blog Post: Highland Heather Monochromatic Hop
This week I’m hopping along with the Monochromatic Insta Hop, and our featured colour is the lovely Highland Heather!
For this card, I paired the Relaxing Waterside set with the Lovely & Beautiful 12" x 12" DSP. I had a lot of fun colouring the DSP for this one. It was a great way to take the beautiful design and make it fit our Highland Heather monochromatic theme.
And really, a comfy chair, a cup of tea and flowers? I think this card has the right idea. π☕π
Steps
-
Card Base
Create the card base -
Colour the DSP
Use Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends to colour portions of the floral DSP, bringing the monochromatic colour throughout the background. -
Relaxing Waterside
Stamp the chair and accessories from Relaxing Waterside, then colour them using Highland Heather and Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends. -
Build the Scene
Adhere your DSP to the bottom portion then add a strip of the highland heather flowers on the top add a strip of gold over the seems. Arrange the chair over the floral background, layering the pieces to give the card plenty of dimension. -
Sentiment
Add the “Let’s Celebrate” sentiment across the chair and flowers to finish the card.
Final Thoughts
I really enjoyed colouring the DSP on this card. It’s such a fun way to change the look of patterned paper and make it work with a specific colour challenge.
Highland Heather turned this relaxing little scene into a whole purple paradise. π Now I just need that chair in real life, preferably beside the water with a cup of tea and absolutely nowhere I need to be. ☕π
Products Used
πΎ Lovely & Beautiful 12" x 12" DSP
πΎ Relaxing Waterside
πΎ Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends
πΎ Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends
π± Happy Crafting! π±
Fun Stuff by Kisha CookCrafty links by Kisha Cookby Kisha Cook
Comments
Post a Comment