Frosted Pinecones: Team Up or Team Down?

There is nothing quite like crafting with some of my favourite blues, so for this card I paired the beautiful Delicate Dreams 12" x 12" DSP with the coming-soon Frosted Pinecones.

But somewhere along the way, my friend Betty and I ended up having a very serious discussion about... pinecone direction. 😂🌲

In the Stampin’ Up! image showing the stamp orientation, the pinecone is pointing UP. My thought was that if the pinecone were actually hanging from a tree branch, it would be pointing DOWN.

who knew cardmaking could turn into The Great Pinecone Debate. 😂

So I want to know: Are you Team Up ⬆️ or Team Down ⬇️?

Both Betty and I are team down.

Steps

  1. Card Base
    Create the card base using basic white
  2. Delicate Dreams DSP
    Cut a piece of Delicate Dreams 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper and layer it onto the card front.
  3. Frosted Pinecones
    Stamp the pinecone image from the coming-soon Frosted Pinecones set.
  4. Colour the Focal Point
    Colour the pinecone in your favourite colours I used coloured pencils but picked ones that were very close to Misty moonlight, shaded spruce, balmy blue
  5. Team Up or Team Down?
    Now comes the important decision: which way should that pinecone point? I went with down but my friend Betty said I should angle it and she was 100% right. 🌲😂
  6. Final Touches
    Die cut out 2 tags one in card stock and one from the DSP, Heat emboss the sentiment in copper on the DSP, Adhere the 2 tags down using dimensionals top off with a bow.

Final Thoughts

I love how the blues give this card a cool, peaceful feel, and the pinecones work beautifully with the dreamy DSP.

But I think my favourite part might be the completely unexpected convo from this card. Who knew pinecones could be so controversial? 😂

So cast your vote:

⬆️ TEAM UP
or
⬇️ TEAM DOWN

I'm Team Down. Gravity has entered the craft room and would like a word. 🌲😂

Products Used:
🐾 Delicate Dreams 12" x 12" DSP
🐾 Frosted Pinecones – Coming Soon!
🐾 Misty Moonlight cardstock
🐾 Baker's Twine Essentials Pack
🐾 Heat embossing kit -Embossing Additions Tool Kit, heat emboss, tool, & VersaMark ink
🐾 Metallics Embossing Powder

 

Fun Stuff by Kisha Cook
Crafty links by Kisha Cook
by Kisha Cook

Comments